Subject RE: [IBDI] About IBX and Firebird
Author Daniel Rail
At 12/04/2002 01:35 PM, you wrote:
>Hi Kevin,
>
>I'm using IBO for the first time in a new job and I must say I'm
>struggling. I don't mind steep learning curves IF there's good
>documentation. But that is one area IBO does not shine. I was able to do
>everything I needed just fine with IBX and though
> I hear many people rant and rave about how good IBO is, I don't yet see
> what the terrific advantages over IBX is (except that IBO supports Firebird).
>
>What has helped you most learn IBO? The newsgroups? Just plain experience?

The e-mail group (IBObjects@yahoogroups.com) is a good place to ask
questions, there's a lot of experienced programmers on that list(including
Jason himself) to give tech support. Also, IBO has been around since
Delphi 2. One starting point is the Getting Started Guide that you can
buy, it helps to get you acquainted with the basics.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)
ACCRA Med Software Inc. (www.accramed.ca)