Subject Re: [IBDI] Digest Number 514
Author Dominique Louis
Hi Mark,
I am sure someone will correct me if I am sprouting rubbish here, but
using an ODBC connection for a web application will make it rather slow.
Try finding a more native approach to get that extra bit of speed.

Re: PHP 4...
I really love PHP as it supports quite a few OO constructs. My
http://www.DelphiGamer.com site uses PHP and it orignally used IB but
since my ISP could not get it to work on their FreeBSD box last year I
switched to using MySQL. Due to PHP's OO capabilities if our ISP did
install FBSQL, in theory we would be able to switch by changing 1 line
of PHP code.

You might want to read this article entitled "Getting started with PHP
and InterBase" @
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/glodt20020212.php3

Anyway I hope this helps,

L8R,