Subject Re: Special kind of triggers?
Author Alexander V.Nevsky
Hi, Nick.

--- In IBDI@y..., "Josipovic, Nick" <nick.josipovic@s...> wrote:
> When you log your changes to a database-internal table, you will
have full
> transaction control over them, and so in case of a rollback, the
entries are
> also deleted.
> IMHO, it would be much faster to run a batch through this log-table
to save
> the data externally (and delete the logs after this) than load the
server
> with keeping data in external tables (supposing you want to do that
kind of
> stuff)....

I think about external logic in the sense of database corruption and
because about gfix I can't speak at forum where ladies are present. :)
My idea is call UDF within such a triggers, this UDF should transfer
data to some application server that stores this "transaction log
emulation" on another computer asyncronously with .gdb processing and
not perform delays. This log can be re-played on last copy of database
in case of corruption.

> See the IBLogmanager from Thomas Steinmaurer

I discussed this idea with Thomas, but he estimated it too
sophisticated.

Best regards.