Subject Re: [IBDI] Attention Firebird Demo Site
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:35 AM 30-04-01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have put up a demo site, it is not finished, it is just for testing the
>layout. In fact i am not happy with it at all but i said i would have
>something for Monday so here it is:
>
>http://www.pallasfoods.com/fb_testbed/
>
>I know the contents is terrible, i will have to do a rethink on that part.
>
>Tell me what you think.

Damian,
Good for you for getting something started. The sidebar idea is quite novel and I guess the colour scheme is still pretty experimental. You might reconsider the use of TNR as the body font - it's not standard on Linux browsers...and a fair proportion of our "newbies" will be on Linux/Netscape.

The page doesn't work in Netscape 4.72 - the sidebar doesn't display at all. Having the logo etc. positioned at the foot of the page is interesting enough to be quite effective (in IE5) but that doesn't work in NN 4.72, either (it displays at the bottom of the page, doesn't stay fixed as it does in IE5).

Well done for walking your talk, Damian.

Regards,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All