Subject Re: [IBDI] Product name
Author Jeff Dodds
I would vote for Firebird over FirebirdSQL. I don't think Firebird is a
very good name for anything though, because of market saturation. I think
the Firebird organization will eventually have the same problem as Helix
Code. They found out their organization could not own the name of their
product, could not trademark it, and could not protect it from anyone else
using it however they wished to. Hence, Helix Code is now Ximian.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a name similar in meaning to
"phoenix" which also has available domains so I am forced to support
Firebird.

Jeff Dodds

"Svein Erling Tysv�r" <svein.erling.tysvaer@...> wrote in
message news:3.0.1.32.20010427111101.009d2530@vom2...