Subject Re: About IBDI
Author markus.soell@bigfoot.com
Well yes, another example is sendmail.com/.org.

But in these cases, the .com is the commercial wing of one and the
same corporation which also controls the oss project. And the .org
site gives full information about the OSS project, it's not just a
developer site (at least for sendmail).

However, in those cases it makes sense, because the .com domain
corresponds to the name of the corporation: Sendmail Inc. and
Jabber.com inc.

As long as Firebird is not for profit (which is an idea I like quite
well, actually) a separate .com site makes no sense.

Markus.