Subject FreeUDFLib updated
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Hello. I've updated the freeUDFLib originally made by Greg Deatz in Delphi.
There were some functions that never worked like f_BlobAsPchar, f_BlobRight
and f_Character. Now they should give meaningful results and not exceptions.
Did some minor improvements to f_BlobMid, too.
There are minor improvements/fixes to the debug msgs in the debugging
version. Also, someone in the Mers list requested a binary comparation of
blobs. I think I've done it with the new f_BlobBinCmp but I only tested it
with small blobs. The reason other UDF libraries (listed at my site) aren't
suitable for binary comparations is that they rely on standard functions
over zero terminated strings. I perform a manual byte-wise raw comparation
instead and my stop sign is the end of the blob, not the NULL character.
The new version is available by following the link to "packages and
utilities" in my site. Read the DPR file to see the history of changes.
Beware I only updated the Windows version; the UNIX version (translated to
C) remains as Greg wrote it. Maybe when I have time I will try to
fix/enhance it, too.

Claudio Valderrama C.
Ingeniero en Informática - Consultor independiente