Subject Re: [IBDI] Nested Tables
Author Paul Reeves
Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:

> I am not very familiar with arrays but as I understand
> you can must declare the size of the array when you
> define the table.
> The idea of a nested table would for example be an
> address book where a John can have multiple phone numbers.
> The phone number field would become a nested table type
> and all the telno's would be inserted here.
> This is not a good example but it illustrates my point.
>
> Cheers Gerhardus
>
> PS Oracle would not have had nested tables if they
> didnt think it would be good for something :)

Marketing might have a lot to do with it. You're looking at a product that
doesn't support domains, has deprecated the varchar datatype in favour of
varchar2 and uses '+' to signify an outer join instead of the outer join
keyword. I'd be a lot more impressed with the advanced features if they just got
some of the basics right.

Paul
--

Paul Reeves