Subject Re: [IBDI] IB & Windows ME
Author Robert J. Munro
At 09:19 PM 10/8/00 -0000, you wrote:
>Is this just me, or is someone else having this problem.
>Ever since installing Windows ME, Interbase takes 10 to 15 minutes to
>start inialize, ether from IB SQL or from within a Delphi
>Application. The first draw to the database take 10 to 15 minutes.
>Anyone know anything about this?
>Thanks

I read somewhere that Windows ME has a system similar to GoBack built in.
This records all the changes you make to files on your system so that you
can undo things. It's supposed to mean a slight speed penalty to disc
access, but it might hit something like a relational database harder than
most other things.

Robert Munro
--
Robert (Jamie) Munro - IT department
Viva Network - Helping 'children at risk'