Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] One way to scale Firebird put it on memory virtual disk or ramfs
Author Jim Starkey
Dalton, that is so much nonsense. NuoDB is an existence proof that your
assertion is false.

There are lots of ways to make distributed transactions ACID without
queries being run "atomically upon multiple systems." I demonstrated
one, but stopped looking after that. The inquisitive mind may want to
keep looking.

Every time some says something like "The only way to ..." innovation is
trampled. If I had believed that "the only way to implement consistent
transactions is two phase locking" MVCC, Interbase, and Firebird
wouldn't exist.

Programmers have learned count "zero, one, two, infinity". There is
never only one way to do something. There are the ways you know and the
ways you haven't thought of. If you stop looking, you'll never find them.

There are many people who believe that all of the good ideas have been
discovered. They're wrong.