Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Check output parameters' value on input
Author Dmitry Yemanov
Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:

> In this case I would suggest to change error message to something more precise.
> "Invalid handle" doesn't make enough information for decision-making. "Dirty input handle"
> sounds good enough.

The problem is that the same error code is used for both non-NULL handle
during creating the object and invalid (NULL or unknown) handle during
operating with the object. I don't see how changing the message text
would still be understandable for both kinds of error. Instead, I'd
introduce new error codes with appropriate messages.

Dmitry