Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] External engines - metadata
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Roman Rokytskyy escreveu:
> Adriano,
>

>> Vlad sent to me the external engine sources, and I can't believe (due to
>> so small number of changes) it wasn't in FB yet, but I want to propose
>> changes.
>>

> Maybe some background on this topic:
>
> - there were at least two versions of the external procedures, second
> one was officially part of Fyracle distribution and the code is pretty
> mature (on the last conference I showed the full-text search based on
> it, RedSoft is now bringing Java stored procedures and full-text search
> to the market)
>
> - there are two reasons for which the code is not yeat in HEAD:
> a) it does[/did?] not fit the roadmap (remember, we wanted
> desperately FB 3.0 beta 1 this year?)

It seems there are people more interested in 1.5. :-)

I think this doesn't make much sense.

When we talk about roadmap, as I understand, it's more about human
resources (time).

But if old code is maintained and synced *in off* (the external engine
is synced with HEAD accordingly to Vlad), time is wasted without benefit
users.

> b) no final decision about unifying the SQL procedures and functions
> was made (the metadata issue you've started with)
>
> I'd suggest to postpone the discussion until we (me and Dmitry) get back
> from the conference, so we can actively participate in the discussion.
Ok. I can start prepare my letters about the interface and the Java
plugin. ;-)

Adriano