Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: Gpre & the SQL parser
Author Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
Stephen Boyd escreveu:
> I guess that GPRE is my pet peeve, because I use it. Not just for
> Cobol but for C as well. Am I really that wrong in thinking that GPRE
> should be consistent with DSQL?
I'm not against embedded SQL.

As I told, it could be implemented using the DSQL API.

We need it as it is now because the build uses it.

If we don't need it in the build, I would vote to deprecate/remove the
*current GPRE* and all (GDEF and maybe QLI in the future) obsolete (or
better saying, that a very small number of users uses) utilities from
the codebase.

Adriano