Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: Strategic Replacement for Services API
Author Jim Starkey
Roman Rokytskyy wrote:

>It is, if access to the "services server" will happen without using
>the corresponding client library. For Java this is definitely
>preferred way, and not JNI calls.

Open a socket, send an XML string, get an XML string back. If the
server doesn't like you, it will close the socket. If it doesn't think
you're XML is XML, it will close the socket. Otherwise it will return a
polite XML packet say it did you you asked, here is the information you
requested, or here is the reason I couldn't do it.

It is a remarkably easy way to make an extensible protocol without fuss,
bother, or pain. No reason to build in a dependency on yet another
external library.

--

Jim Starkey
Netfrastructure, Inc.