Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: External procedures: implementation proposal.
Author Dmitry Yemanov
"Roman Rokytskyy" <rrokytskyy@...> wrote:

> > > Then don't let it crash. I do not think that C++ is not capable of
> > > handling something like "NullPointerException" (in that case it
> > > would be access violation) generated in the SP/UDF.
> >
> > If this AV comes into the engine, it aborts. There's no other
> > option.
>
> Cannot you wrap all calls into try/catch? AV in external module is not
> something that server should really care about.

This is an AV in the address space of the server process. It means that
something went wrong and we cannot recover as we knows nothing about what
actually happened. Do you want us to keep working in this case? Even if e.g.
some internal engine structures could contain garbage and some data pages
could be zeroed?

Dmitry