Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] External procedures: implementation proposal.
Author Dmitry Yemanov
"Jim Starkey" <jas@...> wrote:

> The fundamental problem with the external procedure proposal is that it
> doesn't adequately address communication between the engine and the
> external procedure facility. The primary issue is how the external
> procedure performs database access.

As it has been mentioned a few times, this part of the ESP proposal (engine
callbacks) will be discussed a bit later. So far we concentrate our
attention on the ESP communication API, SQL extentions and system catalogue
changes. But I see you don't want to wait for the further explanations and
prefer to claim anyone a dumb in advance. Nice way to have a discussion.

Dmitry