Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Re: Stored procedures vs Dynamic SQl
Author Daniel Rail
Hello women_lover_best,

Thursday, July 14, 2005, 2:44:24 AM, you wrote:

> What I meant was.. SQL server 2000...saves execution plan of stored
> procedures as well as Dynamic SQL.. what does Firebird do?

At the moment, the execution plan(optimizer plan) is calculated when
preparing for the execution of stored procedures and dynamic SQL. If
my memory serves me well, there is work being done for a cache of
compiled statements (execution plans). And, this work would be part of
the Vulcan project and would become part of FB 3.0.

But the time that it takes for the optimizer to calculate the plan is
usually not that long, but a cache would definitely help when dealing
with a lot of simultaneous users executing the same queries.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail