Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] the insert into t select * from t infinite
Author Dmitry Yemanov
"Jim Starkey" <jas@...> wrote:

> The problem is, in fact, quite simple, and Ann has sketched the
> solution. All that is necessary is to track the record numbers of newly
> inserted records so the outer select can ignore them.

This is not as simple. Updates and deletes are also affected by this issue.
We cannot just track the records and ignore them. They're required to be
partially reconstructed using the undo log to represent the state of the
record at the moment of the remembered savepoint. And I really doubt that
RSE is a proper place for that.

Dmitry