Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Crypto Code
Author Alexander Klenin
On Apr 9, 2005 2:06 AM, Ann W. Harrison <aharrison@...> wrote:
> > Not true. By excluding developers who prefer to license their work
> > under GPL, he did exclude whole lot of developers, just different ones
> > than those who are excluded by GPL.
>
> How so? The Free Software Foundation considers BSD a compatible license
> so BSD-licensed code can ship as part of an overall GPL product.
> Who's excluded?
Please notice the distinction I (and FSF too) made between
old-BSD-style license (which is SSLeay licensed under), and new-BSD,
which is used today.
The difference is precisely that -- new-BSD does not exclude anybody,
whether commercial or open-source, while old-BSD did.
See, e.g.
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/license-list.html#OriginalBSD
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html