Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Group Commits
Author Jim Starkey
Pascalis wrote:

>I did not mention anything about generators and I do not have any problem
>now. But if a thread commits transactions 5 times a second this will limit
>transactions that depend on previous transactions (to update the same
>record) to 5 trns/sec.

Yes, with this design, that's true. Under what circumstances would this
be a problem? Most applications use a transaction in conjunction with a
human interaction, and for human's, 200 ms is literally a blink of the
eye. What kinds of applications depend on single thread transaction
rate (say, other than badly structured benchmarks)? Group commits could
always be turned off, but maybe there's something smarter we could do if
we had a better understanding of the problem.