Subject Re: [Firebird-Architect] Multi Connection meta data update
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 02:46 PM 11/5/2004, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:

>See above. IMO, the proper (more or less) solution would be to just
>exclusively lock both tables being affected.

I think that won't work in Classic since processes may
have requests that are compiled but not active. They
must be notified so they can recompile their requests
to include the new constraint. My model would be an
abstract existence lock which is acquired when a table is
referenced in a compiled request and released when the
request is released. The index header page serves that
purpose for indexes. A similar lock could be used on
procedures to insure that changes to them are propagated
as well.

Regards,

Ann