Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Classic vs SuperServer was IB/FB Lock manager failures
Author Alexandre Kozlov
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Starkey" <jas@...>
To: <IB-Architect@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] Classic vs SuperServer was IB/FB Lock manager
failures

> Classic has always suffered from scalability under a heavy
> contentious update load. SuperServer handles that nicely.
>
> If you believe, as I do, that the universal platform is the
> web, the architecture has to handle very large number of very
> short connections. Perhaps classic with connection sharing
> is an answer. I'm betting on single process/multi-thread
> architecture, albeit one that Borland's grubby, greasy fingers
> have never fouled.

Just for information:

six months ago SS6 (both from borland free and firebird 1.0) took a lot of
our time crashing several times
very large dabase unrecoverably. These events were lasted until we install
trial version of SS6.5 from Borland.
And it works guys.
So it may be not so bad if some of folk try to eliminate these serious bugs
from current version of SS.
After all for users it's no difference who create/maintain the product.

Alexander Kozlov