Subject Re: Re[2]: [IB-Architect] IB/FB Lock manager failures
Author Paul Schmidt
Gentlemen:

Before someone decides to put on a black and white stripped shirt and grab a
whistle....

On 17 Sep 2002 at 21:37, Nickolay Samofatov wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
> Tuesday, September 17, 2002, 6:09:34 PM, you wrote:

<big snip>

> Saying more, if we fix CS version and drop all SS stuff from codebase
> we can make MT-safe version very quickly. Just allow serveral threads
> running in the process and make all global data thread-local. Than we
> can do some performance tuning allowing threads to share common
> structures with fine-grained synchronization.

AFAICT Jim wrote the original Interbase code (please correct me if I am wrong), so
maybe someone could explain to those of us who are less into the Interbase history,
how we ended up with two variations of the same theme. Namely Classic and
Super Servers.

Perhaps if there were an explaination behind the reasoning, it would be easier to
understand for everyone involved, and perhaps someone can come up with some
ideas to replace both with a new integrated server.

Paul Schmidt, President
Tricat Technologies
paul@...
www.tricattechnologies.com