Subject Re: [IB-Architect] GPRE -pa
Author Jim Starkey
At 12:56 PM 12/5/02 +0100, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3_Kulczycki?= wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I wonder why gpre still doesn't support Pascal (eg. Delphi)? Embedded SQL is
>a great feature (I think so especially when I read that some IB features are
>available only in esql or API), but why only embedd SQL in C?

Throughout it's history, GPRE has support more Pascals than you
can shake a stick at. Among the problems is that Pascal is about
the worst specified language on planet; that different Pascal
implementations are wildly incompatiable. The first version
of GPRE supported DEC Pascal, Apollo Pascal, and, I think, one
other that I've happily forgotten.

For this reason, among other, GPRE is pretty much language independent,
allowing an arbitrary collection of polymorphic code generators.

If you can't find a code generator for your very favorite version
of Pascal, clone the code generator closest to your particular
dialect and go it to.

Jim Starkey