Subject Re: [Firebird-devel] New Firebird Release 1.0.0 Beta2 Available
Author Mark O'Donohue
Hi All

In the tradition of try everything once, and then try the good things
twice, Ive updated the installation script for the 1.0.0 Beta2 release
and put out a slightly modified binary package.

The package identifer for the updated packages is : "1.0.0-1a.Beta2"
(superseeding 1.0.0-1.Beta2). There is no change in functionallity,
just a change in the install procedure to make Firebird install
correctly on older RedHat 6.2 systems.

The install has been slightly modifed to make it redhat6.2 friendly.

1. The firebird init.d file is now installed into /etc/rc.d/init.d
rather than the /etc/init.d (/etc/initi.d only
exists on RedHat7.0 + machines.).

2. The dependancy on the ncurses library was removed. It was being
compiled using ncurses5.1 which
would ahve required a package upgrade since it is not installed
by default on RedHat.

The super server .tar.gz has been reduced in size.

3. The super .tar.gz file was made smaller by removing the v3
examples and a library only used at
compile time library from the distribution.

The updated files are:

FirebirdCS-1.0.0-0a.Beta2.i386.rpm
FirebirdCS-1.0.0-0a.Beta2.tar.gz

FirebirdSS-1.0.0-0a.Beta2.i386.rpm
FirebirdSS-1.0.0-0a.Beta2.tar.gz

The 1.0.0 Beta2 downloads can be accessed from:

http://firebird.sourceforge.net/download_Release1.0.0Beta2.php

Or more generally from : http://firebird.sourceforge.net/download2.php

And feedback welcome at our website, at http://www.firebirdsql.org

Regards