Subject Re: [IB-Architect] enhancement to procedure/trigger language
Author Jim Starkey
At 12:00 PM 6/7/01 +0200, Nando Dessena wrote:

>AFAIK Pascal has never had or needed a return statement, nor is it a
>committee product. My personal opinion is also that it is a much more
>coherent language than C. But this is going OT.

Why doesn't it need a return statement?

Perhaps the most serious problem with Pascal is the impoverishment
of the original language which forced virtually very implementation
to design a new language each, confusingly, named Pascal.

Pascal was the only "language" that required separate GRPE code generators
for each implementation. Apollo, DEC, and Sun Pascals were so radically
different they might as well been different languages.

Jim Starkey