Subject Re: Events Improvement
Author Jim Starkey
At 12:40 PM 5/5/01 -0400, Ann W. Harrison wrote:

>>From: "Dmitry Yemanov" <dimitr@...>
>>To: <firebird-devel@...>
>>Subject: RE: [Firebird-devel] Events Improvement
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have practically finished (at least I think so) the work with the events
>>enhancement (* and ? wildcards support was added). Unfortunately, I had only
>>about 2-3 hours per week to work on it, so this plan was achieved later than
>>I expected. I could commit the source files (as well as win32 binaries)
>>right now, but I would prefer to get some feedback before making this step.
>>You can find the brief explanation of the changes I made and questions I
>>need to have answered below.

I don't want a brief explanation of the changes. You are proposing
a signficant change to the architecture. I want to hear:

1. What problem you are addressing
2. What are the semantic of your proposal
3. Exactly how is it to be used to accomplish #1.

Until those questions are answered, I don't want to see any source
code.

Jim Starkey