Subject Re: planning the use of blr codes
Author dianeb77@hotmail.com
--- In IB-Architect@y..., "Claudio Valderrama C." <cvalde@u...> wrote:
> [...]

Not that it matters (either in the context of supporting multiple
roles, or in the context of making the SQL standard more beloved by,
well, anyone ...) but SQL99 includes:

<set role statement> ::=
SET ROLE <role specification>

In other words, it was an Inter[B|b]ase implementation decision, not a
SQL standard requirement, that the only way to switch roles was to
reconnect.

Oh yah, since I'm here ... support for <set role statement> is only
required by products that claim conformance to SQL99 Feature T331,
``Basic roles'' ... [mark that on your score cards, folks]

<snippage ...>

db