Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Date Conversions and Arithmetic
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 10/30/2001 09:24 AM (Tuesday), Jim Starkey wrote:
>That, sir, is the essence of the problem. Absent a global variable
>(shame! shame!) declaring the start of the fiscal year I am without
>a clue on how to handle it.

Plenty of times I've needed simple calendar quarters separate from fiscal
year quarters. So, I would implement this assuming calendar quarters
(Q1=1/1, Q2=4/1, Q3=7/1, Q4=10/1) and let the user provide an offset value
which adjusts for the fiscal year as they need it. For example,
"thisquarter-1" if their fiscal year ends Sep 30th.