Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Date Conversions and Arithmetic
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 09:24 AM 10/30/2001 -0500, Jim Starkey wrote:

> >Q1 = (YYYY)-07-01
> >Q2 = (YYYY)-11-01
> >

>That, sir, is the essence of the problem. Absent a global variable
>(shame! shame!) declaring the start of the fiscal year I am without
>a clue on how to handle it.

Sooner or later, you're going to need some environmental information
about a connection to handle issues like the language in which messages
are presented, the format of dates, the representation of the decimal
separator, and the doohickey that separates clumps of three digits (i.e.
100,000.00 vs 100.000,00). Not to mention the names of days of the week,
months, etc. The fiscal year start dates fit in there.

Regards,

Ann
www.ibphoenix.com
We have answers.