Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Records inserted and deleted in same transaction
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

Fuzzy answer: when you update a record multiple times inside the same
transaction, only one record version is created. But since you are inserting
and deleting, you are creating new records and second, marking them as
deleted. Does this happen inside one transaction?
Anyway, I think if all your connections use Read Committed, the garbage
collector thread will take care of cleaning the db in short time. At least
this is what I've found by producing quick transactions that update records
and the OIT advances very fast in IB6, as long as you use Read Committed.
Updates cannot be compared exactly to insert+delete, but a delete won't
produce more than a new version marking the deletion of the record IMHO and
if all txns use RC, then the old version can be freed quickly and the space
be marked as available inside the gdb.

C.