Subject RE: [IB-Architect] OT: IB6 readiness...opinions solicited
Author Madsen, Kim-Bo (CPHVN)
Just for the record....

I have build an intranet site (not IB but Oracle based) using C++Builder
with the essential web stuff fully developed in Delphi (using a highly self
customized WABD - Web Application Builder for Delphi (Look for Ben Ziegler
for the official release) clone).
Its a very complicated and heavy EIS based on airline data for the last 6
years. (Quite big amounts of date... 40GB or so).

Using ISAPI the right way, one single computer (NT 4 workstation or server)
with 196MB Ram and a 450Mhz PII has no trouble serving more than 300
simultainous statefull connections, serving on the fly graphs and tables
build from data in the database (from another server) through SP etc. Our
customized WABD also contains full statists and administration of the server
using a browser.

If I could choose what to use for development language, I would choose
Delphi and ISAPI or Java server side applications and RMI (or EJB).
ISAPI applications can definitely be fast and stable enough. What breaks
down in our system from time to time is support programs which feeds the
Oracle base from other systems or the DB itself.

best regards

Kim Madsen
kbm@...