Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Its Out
Author Randal W. Carpenter
Well as much as I would like to agree, Borland does own it, and they ARE
the ones releasing it into open source. They did say they were going to
have the new interbase company "own" and manage the cvs tree, etc, and do
support. I however always knew it was Borland who had the rights to the
source and thus the right to the initial thunder. While it would be nice
if Interbase Company would have gotten the thunder, the thunder was
Borlands to utilize and I would have thought them a badly managed company
if they had not taken credit for the open sourcing of THEIR database. I
will probably get flamed for saying that, but its just the way it is, not
the way we all would like for it to be.

Randal