Subject RE: [IB-Architect] ISC - State of the nation report ?

Jeff Blackwell

-----Original Message-----
From: root [mailto:root]On Behalf Of Dalton Calford
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 1:33 PM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] ISC - State of the nation report ?

Hi Paul,

Paul Gallagher wrote:

> I think you underestimate the complete bumbling incompetence of Inprise
> management. They nearly destroyed this fine product with NO
> competition(comparable product of course). They were ready to literally,
> throw it in the trash can, until the developers came to it's rescue. What
> chance would they have if they actually had a competitor? They are
notorious
> for badly managing/marketing products. Delphi is arguably the finest
> development package on the planet, yet they fail to compete with far
> inferior products like VisualBasic. There is no reason to believe they
will
> change now.

Never underestimate an opponent.

Besides, to a outsider, it is Inprise that is the good guy, after all, the
marketing and press releases say so..........
So why should they listen to a company they never heard of, or deal with
developers tools.
We need to stand up and be heard, regardless of what Dale and Borlprise are
up
to.

regards

Dalton