Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Its Out
Author Dalton Calford
Does it matter?

Ok, we have all seen the crock that Inprise has done to Interbase.

Well, now that IB is open source, who would you pay for support?
If newco decided to fork the code base, who's branch would you rely upon and
trust?
Who would you want to pay for support or updates to the system?
We all know that Inprise is going to use IB to try to raise stock value, then
forget about it. They have not even been protecting thier trademark.

So, I know that if Ann and Paul and crew decided to ignore Inprise, and start
thier own company, I would be first in line to buy support (and invest).

So, at this point, we should be screaming for the manuals to become open source,
for the recursion test database to be released, and for Dale to get out of our
faces so we can continue to make some money with a excellent product.

Now that the source is out, Dale and Inprise are irrelevant. The next question
is, who all wants to invest in newco?

regards

Dalton