Subject RE: OpenBase, Phoenix, etc. Re: [IB-Architect] Open Letter
Author Tim Uckun
At 01:39 AM 07/21/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>At 09:24 AM 20-07-00 -0600, you wrote:
>

> >So yes If I actually use any of their code (via linking to a library,
> >cutting and pasting, etc) then I am infected. But writing an application
> >that manipulates or integrates with a GPLed app will not infect me.
>
>Tim,
>How will your code interface with the database?

most likely using some driver or via a socket call. Using drivers does not
obligate me to GPL my code.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.