Subject Fw: [IB-Architect] Open-Source Interbase
Author Olivier Mascia
Mr Fuller,

Not being a native english speaking people, I couldn't find better words to
express my message to you than by copying below the message Mr Leyne sent
you. It perfectly suits my thinking about what is going on about Interbase.
I second every word of it.

I'll only add this, sincerely said, without any gratuitous animosity and
without any other intent than saying what we think and not injuring :

I have, my company has, and my customers will have for sure strong concerns
about you and your team ability to handle this issue as long as you'll hide
behind 'lawyers' issues unsolved after SIX monthes. There are no doubts this
feeling will quickly spread to the Inprise/Borland company as a whole.

I hope you can show all of us how a CEO of such an important international
company can positively react and solve problems, even without the help of
your lawyers. This may well be the time to take daring decisions, on your
own. By *really* releasing the code to Interbase, you still may make a move
with an incredible positive impact on our industry. This single move can pay
more in public recognition for Inprise/Borland than what Interbase may have
earned the company (if any, really) while badly marketed as a commercial
product along those very last years.

Looking forward your kind answer and undoubtly positive reaction,
Best Regards,

Olivier Mascia T.I.P. Group SA
om@... www.tipgroup.com
Director, Chief Software Architect +32 65 401111