Subject Re: [IB-Architect] SQL Statement Depandance Mapping
Author ala
Daniel_Work@... wrote:

> SQL Statement Dependency Mapping
>
> I had an idea for a tool / API extension for obtaining the schema
> dependencies of a DML statement.

In fact, I think it is possible to obtain the desired result (the list
of dependants of a DML) with a few querys.
Think that you can do a query like

select * from rdb$dependencies where rdb$dependent="tablename"
or
select * from rdb$dependencies where rdb$dependent=" SP name "

You can do a selectable SP that, having a SP name as parameter, extract
all the dependencies, an can be recursive!

So, I think there's no need for new API calls, just do some querys.

Collecting the result of this SP to do a graph of dependencies, etc. is
not an issue here, I think.

Catch I your idea?

Regards

Adrián