Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Enhanced handling of EXECUTE PROCEDURE stateme nt
Author Leyne, Sean
What extra procedure? (I guess I should have have also called my sample
SP APROCEDURE)

Wouldn't your original APROCEDURE have required a defined number of
parameters (therefore, not completely SQL to go).

In either case the SP has a specific task to perform.

You are proposing is to pass the SP a recordset. In my case, the SP
build it's own recordset.

I don't see the difference.

With my approach, however, it could be possible to pass not only the
source table and column names but also the table/column names for other
structure which the SP might need to access/update. This would open a
whole host of possibilities. In this way only only is the source
user-definable but also the "destinations".

Sean