Subject RE: [IB-Architect] New API: Exceptions
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Now that you are finishing the driver...
;-)
Jim, is there any possibility to fake literal insertions on "memo" blobs
that are intended to be clobs (blob sub_type text) indeed?
In other words, when an user does
insert into t(k, blobfield)
values(1, 'hello, world');
IB will answer with "field BLOB not found" or some other message I cannot
remember. Would it be possible to be so nasty to take any corrective action
in the driver?
Take note this is a naive question, so answer in consequence, please.

C.