Subject RE: [IB-Architect] New API: Exceptions
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Jim, I can't answer that without ranting, sorry:
- Fellow Gates is worried about performance even if it means disabling any
feature that makes C++ to be C++.
By default, MSVC turns off RTTI and that affects exceptions as well, because
you are catching an abstract class but throwing a concrete class.
- MSVC ignores exception specifications in functions.
- MSVC dies an horrible death if you use more than the simplest templates,
with an "internal compiler error" message.

Don't know if this helps a bit. When I meet people that misuse C++ in
horrible ways, I'm almost sure they learned C++ in MSVC, because they had to
adjust to MS and not to the standard. ;-) No wonder Borland and Zortech
offered the most standard compliant commercial compilers.

C.