Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Event datasets RFD
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:16 PM 15-05-00 -0700, you wrote:
>From: "Jason Wharton" <jwharton@...>
> > I suppose the code that detects a failed client would also make sure to
>tidy
> > up the waiting events stuff too...
>
>I assume the current InterBase product does a similar thing already, to
>clean up query result sets when a client goes away (whether by a proper
>disconnect or by catastrophic dropped connection).

IB doesn't seem to be 100% on the ball about detecting failed clients. Is
it feasible, for example, to employ the EVENT mechanism to poll for and
detect lost and terminated connections and free the memory those
connections used? I know this is a little off-course but, on the surface,
it appears a possible way to excise this old InterBase wart while the
patient is in for more major surgery ...

Helen
http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)