Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Database names: Hair trigger
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:03 PM 06-05-00 -0400, you wrote:

>For the record, I don't think blob segments have proven their worth.
>Can anybody think of any good reason to keep them part of the
>architecture?
>
>Jim Starkey

One good reason: existing applications, components, etc. that have been
forced to treat them. I think it would preclude a large proportion of
existing customers from moving forward with InterBase.

If there had never been blob segments, we probably wouldn't want to put
them in. But taking them out
?

Helen
http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)