Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Database names: Hair balls
Author Jim Starkey
At 04:03 PM 5/6/00 -0400, Doug Chamberlin wrote:

>My caution was due to the statement that the engine heretofore did not care
>about subtypes and did not pay attention to them. I was just questioning if
>the proposed convenience is worth educating the engine about subtypes when
>it was happy before being ignorant.

Mr. Karwin, still star-struck with the wonder of XML, inadvertantly
overlooked the fact that blob filters were implemented at the same
time as UDFs (version 3?). Print a blr blob in the system tables
and you will see the engine calling a filter to turn gook into
ascii gold.

No education necessary.

Jim Starkey