Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Backward compatability with previous versions of gdb files
Author Dominique Louis
Bill Karwin wrote:
> If it's feasible to do so, I think it'd be great for IB 6.x (where x >
> 0) to add this capability. However, I would prefer to see 6.0 be
> released _without_ this capability, just so folks can use it. If we
> demand more features from IB 6.0, it'll just delay its release.

Hi Bill,
In my original post I did not stipulate that it should be impemented in
IB 6.0 but that some consideration should be made for this feature in a
future release. Unless someone on the team can whip up a utility in the
least amount of time to facilitate this when 6 is released.

>I don't
> think it's too complex or unreasonable to require a gbak&restore to
> migrate one's databases to IB6 (dialect 1).

I totally agree, though it's just a litte more hassle and most people want
less hassle in general even if it compromises the integrity of their
database.

--
Ciao,

Dominique Louis
Delphi Developer and aspiring Delphi Game Developer.
** To Do Nothing is to Collaborate with the oppressor **
** I like my reality undiluted! **
From . . . . . . . : Dominique Louis
Email. . . . . . . : Dominique@...
Company. . . . . . : Savage Software Solutions
Web Site . . . . . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au
Delphi Games Site. : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi
G4D Mirrror Site . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi/g4d
Delphi JEDI Site . : http://www.delphi-jedi.org