Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Open Question to IB Developers
Author dcalford
Thanks Reed,

I already created a distribution and some install disks based upon the
"linux from scratch how-to"

The installation system for a fully working system would be based upon
Lokisoft's install program (designed to work on any distribution and is user
friendly)
The initial install I am currently doing with FPK and SVGALIB graphics.
I may flip it over to a X based install but only if I go ahead with the
project.

The building of a custom distribution is not very hard.
If you keep the component list of the base distribution very small, and have
a good installer/uninstaller for all the add-on packages, maintenance is not
that difficult.

The big work is debating exactly what is included in a distribution, and
what packages get put into a install program.

Because all the software already exists, it is a matter of getting those who
understand specific applications to put together a list of the different
options and building an appropriate install/maintenance program.

best regards

Dalton