Subject RE: [IB-Architect] HTML messages WAS Database files > 2GB.
Author Leyne, Sean
I think would find that they choose HTML format so that they could
include their banner advertising more effectively with each message.

I guess that's the price you pay for using a "free" service - everything
has a price.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Borrie [mailto:helebor@...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 10:19 AM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] HTML messages WAS Database files >
2GB.

Hmm...this problem seems to be one that's been imposed by egroups in the

changeover to the new service. In the Settings area of the former
onelist,
I used to be able to select "text-only" and the messages would arrive
without the html tags.

I guess some would call this progress.

At 09:51 AM 26-04-00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 12:09 PM 4/26/00 +0200, Paul Reeves wrote:
> >Jason Chapman and Paul Beach wrote some stuff in html.
> >
> >What's with the sudden urge to send html messages? Those of us using
> Netscape
> >(or at least me) have no way of comfortably reading them. The pages
> appear in
> >the browser but the lines don't wrap. I have to use 'View | Page
Source'
>to see
> >what has been written, which kind of defeats the object of sending in

> html in
> >the first place.
> >

>Html messages work very badly in digests, summaries, and at least
>with Eudora, in replies.
>
>By the power invested in me by absolutely nobody, I hereby declare
>Html messages BANNED! from the IB Architecture list. I shall deal
>with (future) miscreants personally.
>
>Jim Starkey

Jim, the power is vested in you to FLAME all you want. Only you have
this
privilege.

Helen

http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)