Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Dumb JVM Question
Author Jim Starkey
At 07:26 AM 4/19/00 +1000, Daniel_Work@... wrote:
>Would the JVM be built into the IB Server or would the server refence any
>old JVM on that platform?

It could be done either way. I think it would be far better to
snarf a JVM that could be integrated (I don't know if there
is one available under open source with an appropriate license).

One of the nasty implementation issues with a "random" JVM is that
"native" (meaning non-Java) have to be separate dynamically
loaded libraries. Get a library to call back into the server
executable is going to be a little painful. An integrated
JVM could dispatch to the server without an external library
call.

Jim Starkey