Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Forcing Interbase on Windows to use TCP/IP
Author reed mideke
Jim Starkey wrote:

[...]
> Assuming the PIO for Win32 using native windows calls (a less lazy
> person would have checked by now), it is perfectly safe to let
> an engine open a database file on a disk server. Whether an
> analysis of network traffic for disk access vs network traffic
> for database access makes this reasonable is a different question;
> in general you want the engine as close to the disk as possible.

That said, I believe that the current version tries to check
if a filesystem is remote and use a remote connection if
it is. I don't claim that this is a good thing.
Show version in isql will tell you what it is actually
doing.

--
Reed Mideke rfm(at)cruzers.com
If that doesn't work: rfm(at)portalofevil.com