Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Next ODS change / RLE Encryption
Author Marcelo Lopez Ruiz
[I received this as a newsgroups post on my email account] ??

I've tried it on Spanish, and it works quite nicely, too. It requires two
passes on compression, though (unlike RLE).

I found particular gains by encoding not one character per leaf in the
decoding tree, but character pairs. The tree is much larger, but it doesn't
double, and byte pairs are (on text anyway) very uneven (the ea pair is
found much more often than the Wp, for example, if the latter appears at
all).

Marcelo Lopez Ruiz